Current Openings: Pittsburgh, PA and Houston, TX
The Senior Consultant performs advanced construction claims analyses and assists in the management of client engagements as it relates to the submission or evaluation of a construction claim. Must have advanced knowledge of the construction industry and be able to research, analyze and evaluate construction documentation, specifications, CPM schedules, and construction cost accounting data. The senior consultant is responsible to complete assignments within the time and budgetary constraints as outlined by the supervisor. Must exhibit leadership, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize data and make project decisions. Experience with scheduling/delay analysis, productivity analysis, cost/damage analysis, and document review/issue analysis is required.
- Plan, outline and execute research and analysis for components of schedule, damage or issue analysis related to disputes on construction projects
- Draft sections of expert reports and client presentations
- Organizing information to facilitate effective data access and analysis including preparation of quantitative exhibits
- Proactively identify a problem, visualize potential solutions, and assist with the creation of potential solutions
- Document problems/solutions and summarize findings into opinions or conclusions
- Distill essential project facts from information and documentation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or Construction Management
- 1-3 years of industry experience specifically in the analysis, development and preparation of construction claims
- Familiarity with project controls, scheduling, and/or construction cost management
- EIT, PE, or CPA certification desired
- Hold or be willing to acquire industry specific professional certifications (CCP, PSP), as necessary
- Expert knowledge of MS Excel, including the ability to input and compile data reliably and create charts and graphs. Experience creating and working with PivotTables and PivotCharts. Use of basic functions such as sorting, formatting, cell referencing, and basic formulas. Ability to work with advanced formulas including but not limited to IF, LOOKUP, CONCATENATE, Text and Date functions. Ability to sort, filter, and group data. Ability to insert and edit charts and tables and apply conditional and other advanced formatting as necessary.
- High level of quantitative and qualitative research and analytical skills
- Construction field experience encouraged but not required
- Experience with industry software programs such as:
- Summation Pro
- Primavera P3/P6
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook)
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally (potentially for extended periods of time)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), mathematical, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English required, and other languages strongly considered as a plus
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.