David Abijanac Jr., Esq.
David Abijanac is a Project Executive with The Rhodes Group and has nearly 30 years of experience in the engineering and construction industry. Drawing on his legal background and industry experience, Dave assists in the development of and defense against construction claims. His expertise includes:
- Schedule Delay and Disruption Analysis
- Labor Productivity and Inefficiency Analysis
- Change Order Review and Rebuttal
- Damages Analysis and Quantification
Throughout his career, Dave has worked on projects in various industry sectors. Representative projects include:
- Power Generation Facilities
- Chemical Plants
- Steel Mills and Rolling Facilities
- Professional Sports Stadiums
- Secondary Schools and Universities
- Commercial, Residential and Mixed-Use Buildings
- Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Infrastructure and Transit Projects
Dave graduated magna cum laude from Robert Morris University with a B.S.B.A in Finance, and he earned his Juris Doctorate from the Duquesne University School of Law. After graduating from law school, Dave worked as a construction attorney and litigator for Powell, Trachtman, Logan, Carrle & Lombardo, where his practice focused on the representation of architects and engineers.
Prior to practicing as an attorney, Dave’s industry experience includes working at an international design engineering and construction firm, where he held numerous positions and roles within project management, purchasing/procurement, expediting and administration. He also served as a contracts administrator and as a law clerk for in-house counsel.
Dave is a member of the American Bar Association’s Forum on the Construction Industry, the Allegheny County Bar Association’s Construction Law Section, and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
In addition to his role as project executive at The Rhodes Group, Dave also serves as the firm’s general counsel.