Shawn Modar, PE
Shawn Modar is a member of the Rhodes Group Executive Committee and project management team. Shawn specializes in the analysis of project issues and their effect on time and cost, and assisting clients with managing their project schedule and cost risk from project inception to completion. His expertise includes:
- CPM Schedule Delay and Disruption Analysis
- Schedule and Cost Risk Management
- Loss of Productivity Evaluation and Quantification
- Forensic Claim Investigation
- Construction Damage Analysis
- Change Order / Request for Equitable Adjustment (REA) Preparation
Shawn provides engineering and consulting services on both ongoing and completed projects. These projects are both domestic and international and include such project types as:
- Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities
- Power Generation Facilities
- Mining Facilities
- Transportation and Highway Infrastructure
- Steel Mills
- Resorts and Casinos
- Wastewater Treatment Facilities
- Universities and Educational Buildings
Shawn also leads the firm’s Project Alignment Services, where he assists clients in the management of schedule and cost risk throughout the duration of complex projects.
Shawn’s background in the construction industry includes design and field engineering, forensic engineering investigation and construction claim analysis. He has held engineering positions at Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc., where he was involved in construction quality assurance, design and specification, as well as RJ Lee Group. At RJ Lee Group, Shawn was involved in the forensic investigation of a $1-billion dollar insurance claim related to the collapse of the World Trade Center.
Shawn graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Geo-Environmental Engineering from Pennsylvania State University. He holds a Professional Engineer license in Pennsylvania.